Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
C G

Default Fragrant purple roses! was Which darn catalog?

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote:

Only get one. Roses grow and usually rather quickly. Two would be way
too much for the pot at full size. You may want to verify that these
minis will survive in a pot that size long term.

Whew! Glad I only need 4 and not 8!

This cultivar (under several different names) is sold largely for hanging
baskets. From what I have read on a number of web pages, it is better
adapted to hanging baskets than other minis because of its tendency to
spread or trail. My hanging baskets (measured them today) are 14" across.

http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/sweetchariot.html describes its growth
habit, and look at the color!

Minis have the same
light requirements as full size roses. Do you get at least 6 hours of
direct light on your porch or, at least on the spot where the baskets
would hang?

Yes, the front porch faces south.

If your looking for minis, I've always had good luck with Nor'East
Miniature Roses.

http://www.noreast-miniroses.com/bin/nemr2003.cgi

When I was younger and living up North, I visited their greenhouses
several times. They focus exclusively on minis. Since moving South, I
have ordered by mail several times. Service and quality has always been
excellent.

Chuck