Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Doctoroe

Default What ya planting?

The peas are growing nicely. Put out strings for them to climb last
weekend, and the spinach is growing like weeds. (Love fresh spinach).
Teensy tomatoes Beefstake, BetterBoy and some other Parks hybrid are
planted along with a few pepper plants. Getting ready to plant
Edamame seeds..those are those tasty edible soybeans. Also planted
cukes and muscadine grape seeds, but they have not sprouted yet.
Wondering if it was too early? We expanded our natural areas almost
double last year, so there's a lot less lawn mowing going on here, but
more leaf mulch and pine straw spreading. Just fertilized the fragrant
rose patch: Mr Lincoln, Papa Meilland and Alec's Red, and the
gorgeous, but-not fragrant rose out front, Opening Night.
Planting morning glory and moonflowers this weekend, and snapdragons.
The big moss patch out back is doing great thanks to all the rain.
Beautiful emerald green area beneath the trees and you don't have to
mow it!!!
Am also getting ready to transplant a bunch of white oak sprouts, man
they have deep taproots.... hope some of them make it. We had a bumper
crop thanks to the forgetful squirrels in the nearby woods.
HAPPY SPRINGTIME.