Old 02-05-2003, 03:45 AM
K30a

Default bullfrog range?

Is Minnesota a Great Lakes state?
My reference guide extends around the
Great Lakes but gives no indication of which
states are in the area marked.
I'd look in a map book but all my reference books
slid off the table. (Note to Dh, let's bolt the bookends to the d*mn table...)

If you have no fish --- and don't have too soft of heart then bullfrogs can be
a lot of fun in the pond.
Be aware they eat birds, mice, snakes, other frogs, each other and bugs.
They spend a lot of their day sunning. Occasionally they will have territorial
wars between the males.
At night, depending on your summer time temperatures they will call ALL summer
long. A low and deep run-run-run.
I enjoyed the bullfrogs that lived in my pond for a time but did get tired of
all the night time calls,
but then we can have very warm summers.

k30a