Old 04-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Vox Humana

Default how to deal w/ grubs?

"Sundar Narasimhan" wrote in message
news:zAXsa.750832$S_4.771871@rwcrnsc53...
I have been averse to putting too many chemicals on our lawn, but on a
sloping area I found a patch of grass that peeled away like carpet.. w/
several grubs underneath.. I've dug up the area and reseeded, but am
wondering if they've spread to other areas of the lawn.

What's the best way to get rid of the grubs?

It is quite unlikely that you only have grubs in an isolated area of your
lawn. Lawns can generally have a certain number of grubs per square foot
without any noticeable damage. As has been mentioned, timing is critical in
the treatment of grubs. You should find your state's cooperative extension
agency ( http://www.sunnyboygardens.com/herb-.../extension.htm ).
You will probably be able to find lawn and garden information that is
specific to your location. There is a biological control for grubs called
Milky Spore. It isn't an instant cure and is not proven effective in all
locations.