Old 05-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Jill Claus

Default A couple basic questions on roses....

When I bought my house 3 years ago, it came with 8 rose bushes that I
absolutely love. I have no idea what kind they are though. In any case, I
guess that doesn't matter. What I'd like to find out is some basics about
transplanting them. I'm building some new raised beds and would like to
move the rose bushes to them. I'm going to have to cut them down first
though - they are all about 5-6 feet tall. (except for the 3 climbers) My
first question is how tall should they be when normally pruned? And my
second, is how short should I cut them to move them? Being a novice at
gardening, I don't want to kill them when I move them, so any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jill