Old 05-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Christopher

Default Hydrogen Peroxide: blue-green algae chemotherapy (long)

Do you have a link to a picture of BGA, I'm interested in knowing what it
looks like, since everyone seems to deem it the SATAN of algaes. Also is
there nothing that will eat it, and did you ever consider UV steralization
to retard the spreading of it?

"Greg G." wrote in message
On Sat, 03 May 2003 00:48:06 GMT, "Jeffrey Girard"
wrote:

That said, I'd like to present my findings on how I successfully rid

myself
of a troublesome and persistent blue green algae (cyanobacteria) problem.

Very informative report, and an idea I had drifting in the back of my
mind for a while. Just never had so severe an algae problem as to
follow through and document it - although I may try it on a few spots
of algae that are starting to infest my hairgrass. I was worried
about the plant's reaction to this treatment.

Thanks,