Old 05-05-2003, 01:08 PM
len brauer

Default Silent as the tomb..........

g'day fran and all other friends,

i remember the days when we had many many chats going on this group it
was livley often with some comedy but always informative and a way to
get to chat to about the best group of people i could ever wish to
know. me and bev hope each and everyone of you are doing well.

we are great some earlier problems are on the back burner for various
reasons, we have had 423mm of rain since early feb, the dam is full to
bursting as are the 3 tanks and the creek the creek and the dam have
flowed 3 or 4 times now giving both a good flush out, there is a
profusion of wate plants growing in the dam.

the agistament (sort of) cattle are now gone (3 days before the rain
started), the owner just wouldn't feed them so they wher starting to
jump the compound fence and get into our area, can't blame them realy
but a situation that could not be tolerated, as once they get in and
get a taste of honey they want to do it all the time.

i have been taking pic's ready to update our page but need some sunny
days to get a couple more shots the place looks what could be desribed
as lush we have a family of kangaroostas (17) who are now domicile on
the flats getting nice and plump, be ready for xmas hey chuckle, the
wobblyknees are also spending a little more time here.

all trees are doing well with all the rain as are the food plants the
jap pumpkins are now giving around 4 or 5 female flowers a day, the
garden beds are all ready now for the winter crops.

at last contact ted and sheena were hard at it doing renovations the
the queenslander that is on their property they are still camping
underneath the house whilst the work goes on, their dams (3) are now
full to well stocked, so would assume that they have good grass growth
now as well. they have cattle of their own, 2 young ones and 2 or 3
older cows, the 1 younger one is a steer and looks likely to be
heading for the bbq plate if his behavior around fences doesn't
improve.

we hope to visit them again in the next few weeks, be good to see how
they are going.

i'm not quiet ready to call the drought broken yet i realy don't think
there has been anywhere near enough rain for that to have occured,
also the rain has been staggered around the areas it would need to be
general overall falls to end the drought. also the water table hasn't
risne yet another good inicator of how well a drought is or isn't
broken.

hoping that the cyclones will combine and increase in catagory and
cross the qld coast as it did in 1974 this then has a good cahnce of
dragging that monsoonal trough down into sth/east qld and feed lots of
rain down into nsw and vic'. that is how i see it would need to occur
for all drought areas.

anyway this is getting long wouldn't it be good if we could sit around
with a cuppa and just chin wag 4 hours hey?

has anyone heard form pete at all? hope he is ok.

any all take care

len n bev

snipped
--