Old 05-05-2003, 01:08 PM
David

Default the time has come

Hi Len

so sorry to hear that things aren't working out. Wondering tho if she has given the place a
fair go. Having done a similar thing (move from the city to 100 acres in the country) found
there was much to get used to - eg no running water, long drop right down the back, brown snakes
galore, no bath or hot water, no cooking gear etc etc.

But you get used to these things, and improvements come over time. Surely 2 hours isn't that
long a trip to see her family a couple of times a week, and there is the phone for the other days.

I reckon you can live on the pension - raise a few calves or a few lambs, grow veggies, do your
own repairs and car services etc. I do these things and manage - tho admittedly I don't have a
lot of cash to spare.

Anyway - best of luck - hope things work out for you both

David

len brauer wrote:

to all our friends,

this is it the final alma-mata, my lovely wife isn't settling here, i
don't want to lose her, so 'pleaseant valley' will be on the market
this week.