Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Polar

Default Sign petition to USDA to protect crops from being fertilized by pollen from GMO pharm. crops

On Sat, 3 May 2003 22:53:45 -0400, "CaringIsTheFirstStep"
wrote:

"Polar" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 2 May 2003 14:58:05 -0400, "CaringIsTheFirstStep"
wrote:

this is to protect crops from GMO crops containing pharmaceuticals. The
USDA is setting up regulation to allow GMO pollen to drift into other

crops,
by allowing pharmaceutical crops to be planted in open fields.

It's already happened many times that a farm that had organic crops, was
contaminated and fertilized with GMO pollen carried by winds. This will
make the once organic crop become a pharmaceutical crop.

about 15 seconds to sign the petition:
http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/bin/act...?action_id=183

THANKS!!!

Appreciate your posting the link.

Europeans won't tolerate the corporate-rigged GMO contamination that
people in the U.S. seem content to live with.

We need to stand up and make a LOT of noise to our so-called
representatives to pressure the USDA, which like all Bush
agencies, is frankly a tool of (bad) big business, as distinguished
from (good) big business.

Yes, all the polls of Americans show that we want labeling, but the
corporations know that is because then we'd be able to avoid GMO foods. And
with the FDA and GMO seed corporations having revolting doors, they'll do
the polls, and kindly ignore the results (why do them in the first place,
then?)

Mars candy company owns SeedsOfChange. Monsanto owns pesticides, and seeds
that encourage the use of more of the specific pesticides they sell. Both
are big biz, both have much different consequences for us all.

When we vote for candidates who receive corporate contributions, we vote for
the corporations themselves, because they are then owed favors by the
winning candidate (and the corporations simply give money to both of the 2
biggies, thinking they simply can't lose that way). The corporations spend
a little money on an investement on a donation, and reap many times their
donation as a result of passed or vetoed legislation that affects them.
http://tinyurl.com/ax1c
says it perfectly, with specific historical examples. We really vote for
either people who owe corporations return favors, or people who don't owe
corporations return favors.

And the dreadful irony is that the only ones who can make laws to do
away with the above **** are the very Members of Congress and Senators
who themselves are knee-deep in corrupt contributions.

Anybody notice that an appeals court has ruled most provisions of
McCain-Feingold unConstitutional? Will probably go to the Supremes
now. McCain-Feingold was pretty wishy-washy in the first place (best
they could do, I guess; pass a token bill), and was immediately shown
to be full of holes; the states could pick up the soft money
prohibited by the Feds.

Jon

GMO's have been reflected in scientific journals to have caused human
deaths, allergies, changes in nutrition.
World new has reflected GMO crops contaminating non-GMO fields (which

then
become owned by the corporate seed company since they have a patent on

the
GMO plant).
The Starlink incident, and finding GMO pharm. crops in a field of soy,

show
the inadequicies of the current system to protect crops from being
contaminated with GMOs.
http://www.geocities.com/holist2002/GMOharms.html (actual harms of GMOs,

how
to easily avoid them