Old 08-05-2003, 01:08 AM
LeighMo

Default MTS and Clown Loach

the clowns literally attacked these plants. they swarmed them and
even bit holes in many of the leaves. i could hear them clicking as they
took bites. this lasted about 30 minutes to 45 minutes. i don't know what
they were doing....they've never done that before. they are all about
middle finger size. maybe there were snail eggs on them or something???

Maybe. But I suspect they just ate the plants. Mine do that all the time.
They like salad. Maybe the plants you bought are just more tender and tasty
than the ones you already had. My clowns are particularly fond of soft-leaved
plants like Hygro, Didiplis, and babytears.

I'm coming to the conclusion that clown loaches and planted tanks really don't
go together. :-P But I'm very fond of my clowns, so I put up with their
depredations.

Leigh