Old 08-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Feeding fish

Mucho gracias compadre!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Tom La Bron" wrote in message
JustmeKOI,

It would seem to me that broadcasting the food over a larger area of the
pond would be called for in this situation. Or feed a portion at one end
and while the big ones are eating it put the rest of the food at the other
end of the pond. As soon as you establish a trend in feeding usually the
fish get the idea.

Tom L.L.
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
So Tom,

I thought for a while about your approach and see absolutely no problem

with
it.

When I try to feed my fish I run into a problem that maybe you can help

me
solve. How do
I keep Mr. Pig (One Sanke in my pond) from eating a lot more than his

share?
You see if I put the right portion as you described, Mr. Pig eats more

than
others, then my Charkoi gorges themselves, then my .....

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Tom La Bron" wrote in message
JustMeKOI,

I have spoken about this before in this venue.

It is not the frequency that matters it is the amount you are feeding.

feed my fish six times a day during the summer months that they are in

the
ponds. If you are trying to get growth on your fish you feed 2% to 3%

of
the combined fish's body weight and divide that by 6 and feed that

amount
6
times a day.

If you are just looking for a maintenance feeding schedule you feed on

1%
of
the fish's combined body weight and divide that by 6 and feed that

amount
6
times a day.

This gives the fish the most amount of nourishment it requires and

gives
the
fish's digestive tract plenty of time to digest the food allowing the

fish
to get the most use out of the food that you are giving.

It works great and is very effective.

HTH

Tom L.L.
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Greg,
Someone once told me that the pros that feed their Koi so often will

also
do
a lot of water changes and have super duper filtration system, or

they
have
a huge natural mud pond.