Old 08-05-2003, 09:20 PM
FOW

Default Cross pollination?

I have 30 roses in a bed 10 ft x 20 ft . Most are 3-4 ft apart. They were .
NOW they all touch each other, I sometimes look at them and all I see is one
BIG rose . I over fertilized this year.
I have never in 7 years of growing them seen cross pollination.
Most of them are Hybrid Teas, the rest Floribundas, 2 are grandys.
I guess I have all strong strains.
"Jerome Morrow" wrote in message
Same thing happened to one of my iceburg roses. Its next to several red
roses including a Mr Lincoln and now it has red spots all over the

flowers.

I think that its partly due to the weak nature of the particular plant.
Another iceburg in the same bed, which is stronger, is not affected.