Old 09-05-2003, 01:08 AM
John Rutz

Default Determining Proper Flow From Biofilter - Chooseing biofilter

Lisa wrote:
That's good to hear!

OK - I also understand the closer the pump is to the filter and the
less tubing involved - give you better flow or more oomph.

I'm now looking to buy tubing. Expensive!

I'm either going to get (2)-1800 gph pumps or an 1800/2400 combo.

The 1800 has an output hole of 3/4"
The 2400 has 1"

Should I get 2" tubing for these 2 pumps? Or 1.5" Which would be
better for more flow or doesn't it matter at some diameter point?

Also - would I need a larger tube to go from my prefilter to my pump
also? Or is hose diameter not an issue before the pump?

ok Il try here the diameter doesnt mater if I remember how far you are
going with this
the 1.5 will handle the output of your pump for I would guess 10 or so
ft after that the 2 in would handle it ( we are talking friction losses
here not head ) personaly I would use the 1.5 at both ends of the pump
if possible
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico