Old 09-05-2003, 04:20 PM
MFA

Default where can one buy new or used railroad ties

Bippy wrote in message ...
"MFA" wrote in message
. com...

| Bippy wrote in message ...
| "Bryan C. Andregg" wrote in message
| | In article ,
MFA
| wrote:
| | I need about 30 to outline some flower beds and garden.And does
| anyone know
| | about what they cost.Thanks
| |
| | The creosote from railroad ties is an ecological disaster in the
| garden. It
| | would be better to use landscaping timbers from some place like
| Depot.
|
| My mother-in-law said she bought some untreated railroad ties in (I
| think) Siler City somewhere. I'll check with her to see where she
| found 'em and how much they cost.
|
| Ok thanks that will be much appreciated .

It was in Liberty, but she doesn't remember the guy's name. He
generally sells them by the tractor-trailer load, but he had a few
"second-quality" ones that he sold her (she said she thought they were
$6.50 each). They're open from 8 till about 3 Monday - Friday and she
says they're in the center of town near the railroad tracks behind a
grove of bamboo. She's on her way out for the weekend and couldn't
find the phone number, but will look for it when she returns. By the
time she returns I'll be having a baby, so it may be a while before I
can post the number. Sorry! :-P~~~

For what it's worth, she says she'd bet if you drove out there you'd
be able to track him down ... the whole small town thing and all. But
from here it's a haul. Speaking of which, you'd have to be able to get
'em home yourself. He doesn't deliver. :-)

I think I'll take a drive out there and check.I've got a trailor to haul on
and a good back. Congrats on the Baby.And thanks for following through on
the info.