Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Stepping stones and plastic liners --query

"Kayakkhan" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I'm digging my pond with a view to having stepping stones across as an
entrance to my house.
Can anyone advise me as to the best method to mount stepping stones given
that they will of necessity be resting on a plinth which will obviously
then be sitting on the plastic liner.
I don't envisage a column of tanks rolling across it but clearly people

will
be stepping on the stones putting pressure on the liner.
I had thought to place several layers of scrap liner beneath the plinth as

buffer but would really like some practical ideas.
Thanks
Mal

Wide bases for stones. Do not pinch the liner or folds in the liner. Do not
place stones such that a sharp corner, when pressure will poke directly into
liner. A small extra piece of liner cut to the same shape as the stone but
slightly bigger would provide some protection and would be barely
noticeable.

My liner is EPDM and quite frankly I have not been kind to it during the
construction phase and it is holding up very well.

BV.