Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
FOW

Default Cross pollination?

If you see my roses, they have NO botrytis.Or powdery mildew or downy
mildew. Some of them are getting spotted from rain. Seen it happen for 7
years to them. Some just rot on the stem, Brides Maid especially. Not
enough heat to make all my roses pop.
Seems like some of my roses have a very high petal count, Very dense buds,
They just don't open until the 2nd or 3rd bloom cycle.
"Theo Asir" wrote in message
Sorry I don't understand.
Water by itself does not
cause any damage.

It promotes growth of Fungii.
The fungii cause discoloration.

Check out Cass's link.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"FOW" wrote in message
I have seen rain cause colored spots on my roses. No fungus here.
Just bugs.
"Theo Asir" wrote in message
You have botyritis.
Time to spray.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Jerome Morrow" wrote in

message
Same thing happened to one of my iceburg roses. Its next to several

red
roses including a Mr Lincoln and now it has red spots all over the
flowers.

I think that its partly due to the weak nature of the particular

plant.
Another iceburg in the same bed, which is stronger, is not affected.