Old 10-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Patti2cat

Default Azalea Problem

Some of my azaleas have weird greenish-white things on the leaves -- the
plants look as though garden gnomes came in & stuck popcorn on the leaves!

Not sure whether ours are the same thing, but in the recent past (haven't
checked lately) some of our azaleas---mostly Formosa---have had thick, fleshy
greenish-white things on the leaves. I don't have it on authority, but I've
assumed they're some sort of plant tumor. Also, I don't know if they cause the
plant(s) major hurt or if they're "contageous", so I've pulled off the infected
leaves and put them in the garbage to be taken away, NOT on the ground.

Patti