Old 10-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Default Bumble Bees drilling holes into my wood fence!

So if you put dimes on the roof or fence they will stop? ;-)

Filling in the holes with caulk will discourage them.

BTW, carpenter bees are harmless because they do not sting.

Tom Randy wrote in message
On Fri, 09 May 2003 20:51:13 -0400, DavesVideo wrote:

I don't know if they're bumble bees or not but they look similar and

are drilling holes into my wood fence. How do I control these beasts?

Like a very big bumble bee? Carpenter bees, very destructive. They
constantly try to make holes in my cedar house. They make a small round
neat hole and then along comes a woodpecker who rips a gigantic crater
searching for the bee. Spray them with flying insect killer.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

And you couldn't DRILL a hole as perfect as they do! I have them as well,
they LOVE my back patio roof beams. They are awesome to watch hovering
though. They can stop on a dime!