Old 10-05-2003, 04:56 AM
JuanMa

Default 10gal. or smaller planted tank?

Greetings.

Can it be possible to have a planted tank which is 10gals or less(2.5gal)?

What kind of lighting and chemicals should I use to keep the plants healthy
and thriving?

Can aragonite sand be used in such a tank(how much)? What can I use to keep
the plants in their place? What about compatible fish for the planted tank?

The 2.5gal tank I haven't bought it yet. I have a 10gal, but no lighting yet.
What kind of light should I use if I go with the 2.5gal? Can one of those
daylight fluorescent bulbs fit in the 2.5gal hood? Would it produce enough
light for the plants, or should I go DIY PC?

If I don't find any ideal type of sand, what could be the alternatives?

What plants do you recommend that I should start with?

I was thinking for livestock if I go with the 2.5gal. some fancy guppies or
neon tetras or two angels. If I go with the 10gal. the livestock will be a
little more varied, but not too much.

I was told that aragonite sand can make the water too alkaline? will it make
it so, even if I wash the sand?

TIA

--
Take Care.