Old 10-05-2003, 08:44 AM
FOW

Default Bumble Bees drilling holes into my wood fence!

They are carpenter bees. Big black dudes !
They like Redwood. There is a powder that is mixed wit water and sprayed on
the wood, It's called Drione, here's where to get it.
http://www.pestproducts.com/carpenterbees.htm
"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 May 2003 00:01:00 GMT, The Wobulator
wrote:

I don't know if they're bumble bees or not but they look similar and
are drilling holes into my wood fence. How do I control these beasts?
I hate killing bees if I don't have to but I don't like them
destroying my fence either. I see saw dust on the horizontal rails and
sure enough, there's a hole about 1/4 inch in diameter. I've seen
these bees (or whatever they are) going into these holes. Help!

The Wobulator

*Please REMOVE the obvious for my correct email address*

If they look like bumb;e bees they could be carpenter bees. Spray
some hornet spray up their holes (yikes!), then glue in a wooden bung
using waterproof carpenter's glue. The male carpenter bee does not
sting but they are skilled at bluffing.