Old 10-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Jane Ransom

Default What animal digs small holes in lawn??

In article , hayley
writes
Any way of further
identifying it or finding out why it's suddenly attracted here (bar

sitting
motionless with a torch in the garden all night!!)?

try looking closely at the bottom of the fence. Animals (esp. badgers) often
leave bits of fur where they've squeezed through. If it is coarse,
grey/black/white it's probably a badger.

Also, if it's badger, if you run your fingers along the hair one way it
feels smooth and the other way distinctly coarse.

Personally, I think it is a rabbit.
We are being overrun by the blighters and little holes like you have
described are appearing all over the place (
At this time of year, you can often see them early in the morning, say
just after dawn, just before they bed down for the day!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,