Old 10-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Kayakkhan

Default Stepping stones and plastic liners --query

Jon, That's an excellent solution thank you for responding, much appreciated

Mal

"jon" wrote in message
I did a stepping stone in the middle of our frog pond, I first set a

paving
stone as a footing for the piller in my case three foot high, I then

placed
pond underlay over the paving stone making sure their were no stones

however
small on the stone then the liner was installed on top of this a spare

piece
of liner was laid quite a bit larger than the piller, I then constructed

the
piller on the spare liner the piller started 16inch sq then reduced half

way
up to 8inch sq upon this i then set the stepping stone once the piller was
dry I gave it two weeks I then sealed the piller with pond sealer. The
piller etc has now been in place 18months and you can no longer see the
piller below the stepping stone.

Hope this is helpful.

Jon
"Kayakkhan" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I'm digging my pond with a view to having stepping stones across as an
entrance to my house.
Can anyone advise me as to the best method to mount stepping stones

given
that they will of necessity be resting on a plinth which will obviously
then be sitting on the plastic liner.
I don't envisage a column of tanks rolling across it but clearly people

will
be stepping on the stones putting pressure on the liner.
I had thought to place several layers of scrap liner beneath the plinth

as
buffer but would really like some practical ideas.
Thanks
Mal