Old 10-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Sticky Leaves Help

In article ,
Josey wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
david wrote:
Your plant has scale insects, ...and the Pic didn't take long to open.

In which case, spraying won't help. They should be scraped off gently
with a bluntish but pointed knife or similar. Repeat a couple of
times as young ones grow, and they can be dealt with.

Thanks for the info - scraping them off is the only thing I can do?

No, but it is by FAR the most effective solution! How big is the
plant?

Scale insects are fairly pesticide-resistant, and I have heard that
the biological controls are better at stopping infestations spreading
than in eliminating esisting ones (i.e. they tend to attack the young
scale insects). I could well be wrong with the latter.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.