Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Jane

Default buds are starting to swell

Hi Henry, do you ever go to DR Snell Nursery off rte 70 in Mt.Airy? Loads of
good selections of roses. My local Thanksgiving Farms in Buckeystown is
filled with exotic other things, but no roses yet.
Do you have pictures?
Jane
"Henry" wrote in message
. ..
Jane wrote:
Hi all, I finally have some swelling buds here in Maryland 6b and most

of
the damage I incurred was from planting the last ones too high for last
winter. We're having so much rain things are shooting up like rockets.

Guess
I'll be fungiciding this weekend. All in all I think it's going to be

very
pretty here soon.

Most of my roses are also in the bud stage although the rugosa seedlings
are in bloom (first bloom on Wednesday). Blanc Double de Coubert is
just about to pop. Only a few aphids so far, usually there are swarms
of them by now.

--
Henry
Gaithersburg, MD