Old 11-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Me

Default problem with my roses-need help

My rose plants have not been producing good roses this year. It looks like
they are brownish on the outside.

Before they bloom, while they bloom, they look 20% dead.

One store sold me generic disease control, one store said it looks fine, and
another store said although he couldn't find any thrips, it had all the
symptoms.

I'd tend to believe the last person, because he sold me on a product his
store didn't carry and sent me to another store. He had a pebble based
systemic solution that would take long to take effect and suggest I go to
another
store and buy the liquid Ortho systemic.

I have a picture of one of the roses at
http://home.earthlink.net/~cenews/garden/

I can email other pictures if anyone would like to take a closer look. I had
a hard time getting the first on the web site.

I have eight different rose plants in my front yard and all have hte same
symptons. I live in the San Fernando Valley Foothills in L.A.

Thanks.