Old 11-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Cass

Default problem with my roses-need help

Me wrote:

My rose plants have not been producing good roses this year. It looks like
they are brownish on the outside....

Before they bloom, while they bloom, they look 20% dead.
store and buy the liquid Ortho systemic.

Careful. I've never used that one, but some sprays will really stain
your flowers. Maybe someone will post their knowledge about that
product.

I have a picture of one of the roses at
http://home.earthlink.net/~cenews/garden/

Doesn't look like thrips to me. Have you cut one, taken it inside, and
shaken it over a piece of white paper? If it's thrips, you see dozen
and dozens of little tiny flecks.

Your foliage looks fabulous. Is there any chance you have rain damage
from the untimely storm last week?

--
-=-
Cass