Old 11-05-2003, 01:32 PM
LeighMo

Default 10gal. or smaller planted tank?

I have a couple larger tanks in the garage that could be set up in a matter
of hours. If she keeps them alive long enough for them to outgrow the five,
I'll get her a big'un

I wish you would consider setting up a larger tank now. If she succeeds in
keeping those goldfish alive in a tank that small for long, she'll be doing
better than many grown-up goldfish experts.

The recommended stocking level for goldfish is 20 to 30 gallons per fish,
regardless of the size of the goldfish.

For a five gallon tank, a Siamese Fighting Fish would be a better choice. Or
maybe a small school of neon or cardinal tetras.

Leigh