Old 11-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Scott

Default Asparagus and raspberries..will they coexist?

Hello there, and thank you for reading my post. I have a very nice asparagus
patch, producing nearly 5lbs of nice spears per week. I am having trouble
keeping the raspberries from overgorwing it though, so as I was thinking how to
better control the raspberries, I thought maybe I could let the raspberries
just grow with the asparagus, and mulch them both in the fall with a good
broken down compost mulch to help with weed control, therefore I could enjoy
the raspberries as well as the asparagus. Is this a good idea? or will it not
work. any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanks--Scott