Old 12-05-2003, 12:20 AM
John Rutz

Default Frog and fish species that can survive Denver (Colorado) high

Jean-Pierre Abello wrote:
I am thinking of building a small frog & fish pond in my backyard in
Denver, Colorado. However because of the harsh climate and high
altitude (53000 ft), I need to find species that can survive the
occasional freezing temperatures and thin air of this region. Snow
falls frequently but normally does not stay for more than a few days.
Would anyone know of pond frogs and fish species that would well in
this climate? Thanks.

--

Jean Pierre

I live in NM at 6200 ft goldfish Koi and Bullfrogs survive here just fine

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com