Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default Stepping stones and plastic liners --query

Make the base of the stones as wide as possible to distribute the load.

Kayakkhan wrote:
Hi,
I'm digging my pond with a view to having stepping stones across as an
entrance to my house.
Can anyone advise me as to the best method to mount stepping stones given
that they will of necessity be resting on a plinth which will obviously
then be sitting on the plastic liner.
I don't envisage a column of tanks rolling across it but clearly people will
be stepping on the stones putting pressure on the liner.
I had thought to place several layers of scrap liner beneath the plinth as a
buffer but would really like some practical ideas.
Thanks
Mal