Old 12-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Radika Kesavan

Default problem with my roses-need help

Me wrote:
Thanks for the photos. I believe I've seen the western flower thrips in my
roses.
I'm going to check my neighbors roses and wait for another crop of blooms
(w/o rain) before using any chemicals.

Thanks for the help.

It is a pleasure, Craig. Wise approach.

As for botrytis, that is more of a possibility here in the wet Northern
California than in your neck of the woods, I would imagine. If you are
interested, Baldo has pictures of Botrytis also at his website. Do check
them out - your blossom did not show the characteristic spotted pattern
to my eyes, but you ought to check this out by oyur own eyes, I think.

--
Radika
California