Old 12-05-2003, 03:20 PM
J. Del Col

Default buds are starting to swell

(Shiva) wrote in message news:ab668d46207d2c24d753eed8680597c2@TeraNews.. .
On Fri, 09 May 2003 03:39:20 GMT, "Jane"
wrote:

Hi all, I finally have some swelling buds here in Maryland 6b

Jane, I really have lost all perspective on the differences between NC
and MD climates and growing seasons. My first flushes are finished,
some roses are beginning their second, and my bare roots are budding
and showing some color.

BTW--the mosquitos have been out for at least two weeks. It's all a
trade off!

R.primula opened the season here in Philippi, WV about April 1. A
few days later R. xanthina started blooming. Both are finished now,
but R. moyesii,
Harison's Yellow and R. parviflora have begun blooming.
Unfortunately,
high winds yesterday and today have stripped petals off many blossoms.

J. Del Col