Old 12-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

R & L Porter wrote:
"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message

Sunsprite, Sunsprite, Sunsprite! Here, take a look:

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=6077

Out here, it does not so much repeat bloom as blooms constantly. And it
needs a lot of sun, in our climate, a minimum of eight hours was
recommended by the locla nurseryman from whom I bought this rose four or
five years ago.

Anyone have any idea of hardiness in Sunsprite? Is anyone out
there successfully growing it in a colder clime? I've heard raves
about this rose for years.

I know that gardeners grow it with no trouble at all with dieback in
Chicago, which is what - Zone 5? I see that Theo has given you an
answer from first-hand experience which is far, far better than my
reported answer.

Be warned though - it is a very spritely yellow, which I happen to love,
but some folks find the clear yellow colour grating.

--
Radika
California