Old 12-05-2003, 07:20 PM
saki

Default Darlow's Enigma

Cass wrote in
:

In article , saki
wrote:

Darlow seems quite happy to be handled however you want. I've seen it
grown as a climber, a pillar and a hedge....

So how big did it grow as a hedge? You mean a lot of them? Sheared?

I don't know how many of them there were, but I first saw Darlow's Enigma
at Homestead Acre in Chatsworth, CA.

They were grown as a continuous hedge about four feet tall and possibly 10-
15 feet long, on the southwest side (if memory serves) of the Hill-Palmer
Cottage. Kim Rupert pointed it out to me. I think he mentioned that it was
sheared every season and just kept blooming.

I remember being very taken with the single white blossoms as well as their
proliferousness.