Old 12-05-2003, 07:44 PM
R & L Porter

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

"dave weil" wrote in message

One thing that I noticed about GT during its first season was that it
tended to droop around 2pm in the afternoon in full sun. in the middle
of the summer. I pretty much had to water it every day to keep this
from happening here in Nashville (zone 6b) Some of this could have
been transplant shock and I'm interested in seeing what happens this
year, now that it has a season under its belt. I've heard that it's
susceptable to this and my limited experience backs this up.

I'd try to arrange some sort of midday June, July and August dappling
shade if at all possible.

Meanwhile, GT is looking good for me at the moment.

Thanks for the advice. That is a problem I have with many
of my roses in the front bed. They get sun pretty much all
day and nearly until sun set at 9 or 10 pm in the summer.
This problem is compounded by our long winters and
short growing season. By the time the roses are in bloom it is hot,
hot, hot. July is the peak of our summer and the peak of the roses.
There is no kind, gradual introduction for them. Several just wilt
after a day or two, particularly my gallica rose Tuscany Superb. I have
considered moving it again, but this would be its third move in three
years and I want to give it another shot this year to see if it can
establish
itself.

Does GT shatter as easily as I have heard? As bad as Heritage?

Laura