Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
R & L Porter

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
R & L Porter wrote:
"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message

Sunsprite, Sunsprite, Sunsprite! Here, take a look:

I know that gardeners grow it with no trouble at all with dieback in
Chicago, which is what - Zone 5? I see that Theo has given you an
answer from first-hand experience which is far, far better than my
reported answer.

Be warned though - it is a very spritely yellow, which I happen to love,
but some folks find the clear yellow colour grating.

--
Radika
California

At the moment I have only one yellow rose - Goldbusch - and
even that is not a pure yellow. I also have Morden Sunrise,
but that too is not a pure yellow as it is edged in red/orange.
(This is not counting my species roses). It is time for a
nice, strong yellow. It would be a real test for Sunsprite
to survive our looooooong winters. That is something that
I have only begun to realize. I may be in the same zone as
many people farther (or is that further?) south than me, but
the shortness of our growing season does not always make
this an accurate comparison.

Rain again today. At least my grass is finally green. A few of the
roses are tentatively putting out leafs, while most are still breaking
dormancy. Only 5 weeks to the first bloom.

What's blooming in your garden, Radika?

Laura