Old 12-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Roger

Default black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspppOOOTTTSSSS!!!!!!

Thanks Jammer and Theo, You have made my day a little brighter.

I think "Theo's plan" is what I need, in addition to the advice- -That
is Shovel pruning.

I don't know why I keep sickly specimines and try to revive them. It
would be cheaper to just dig them up and replace them.

Thanks Guys!

On Mon, 12 May 2003 14:52:09 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

I'll second Jammer.

Black spot control(not elimination)
is an year round activity.

Now that I've scared you let me add
that it's work but for those gorgeous
flowers its not much.

The big one is spraying with lime-sulphur
twice in winter. Strip leaves and generally
clean up before and after spray.

Then prevention is the watch word.
Use the Cornell formula and spray
after every rain when the temp is below 90F.

This way I never see BS till August and even
then it is small localized patches.

To deal w/ the localized patches get
some Cleary's 3336. This is one of the few
fungicides that actually kills the existing
fungus not just prevent its spread

Much shovel pruning occurs in my garden to get rid
of the weak roses. This month Candelabra & Showbiz
are slated to meet their maker after their spring flush.