Old 13-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Lee Brouillet

Default Where to buy Calcium Carbonate?

Calcium Carbonate in its purest form is dolomite lime: try an agricultural
supply place. (it's a shame: I have a 50 lb. bag in the garage I never
used!). Another source of Calcium Carbonate is crushed oyster shell (many
people put a couple hundred lbs. of it in their filters to help maintain
KH). Now, I never used the dolomite lime because I found that regular ol'
Arm n' Hammer baking soda (or its generic equivalent) worked easier and was
more dependable. I use it to maintain KH, which buffers my pH.

Gypsum will also help precipitate stuff in suspension. You'll find it in the
same place you find the dolomite lime.

What is your KH? Maybe baking soda will do what you want.

Lee
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
Does anyone have a source for Calcium Carbonate? My research is telling me
that it is the answer to my suspended clay problem and that it should not
cause a problem with my plants or fish.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond