Old 13-05-2003, 07:44 PM
DJS

Default Craftsman Lawn Tractor 22hp Kohler - Died and won't start! Help

This could be it.

I replaced the battery and it all works. I initially thought that it
was the battery however I did clean (brush) and tighten all the
connections while in the area.

Thanks for the ideas!

David

(Eric D) wrote in message . com...

May or may not be related but we had just put a new mandrel, blades,
mower/mover drive belts, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter getting
reading for the summer. He got about an acre cut before it died.

Its been a great tractor with just normal maintenance - only about 500
hours.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks in advance,

David

David,

It sounds like a bad ground connection. Check the cables from the
battery. The negtive lead may be loose where it conects to the frame
of the tractor or corroded. When this happens it can flow enough to
allow things to operate however the high current drain items like
starter will not. Also check for a ground strap (wire) to the engine
from the tractor frame. If this brakes it can cause the same thing.

Best of luck,

Eric D