Old 13-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Theo Asir

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

nice, strong yellow. It would be a real test for Sunsprite
to survive our looooooong winters. That is something that
I have only begun to realize. I may be in the same zone as
many people farther (or is that further?) south than me, but
the shortness of our growing season does not always make
this an accurate comparison.

It does seem bizzare doesn't it.
I had a friend who worked in Paris
for a year and he came away from the
experience feeling deeply deeply depressed.

Apparently Paris is on the same line as central
Canada or some thing but in winter there is only
about 8 hours of sunshine and even in summer they
never get that bone liberating deep sun & heat.
I can only shudder about london & britain.

Many of my roses have finished their first flush
though many are still in the middle of their flush.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City