Old 14-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Frankhartx

Default Watermelon Question

From: (CORRWOOD)

I planted watermelons (Jubilee) indoors and the seedlings emerged a few days
ago. They are growing indoors under full spectrum bulbs.BTW, I'm new to
starting plants indoors. The seedlings are getting really tall (about 4"), so
was wondering if that's normal? I planted Jubilee watermelons outside and the
seedlings never got tall as they are under the lights. Thanks.

D.N.

Tjere is a tendency for indoor raised plants to get leggy--artificial lighting
should be on at least 16 hours a day and the temperature not too warm.