Old 14-05-2003, 04:56 AM
GD

Default Where to buy Calcium Carbonate?

Water hyacinth and some other floating aquatic plants sometimes suffer
iron or other micronutrient deficiencies at high pH (over 7.8 or so).
Evidence is smallish leaves with yellow streaking. Other factors can
affect plant condition, certainly, but I'd guess the pH in your pond
is the cause. As pretty as it is, please keep in mind that water
hyacinth is a noxious weed in tropical to temperate regions throughout
the world. Many states prohibit possession. Never release this
species into the wild, as it is a potential lake-killer.

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

In my pond, my water hardiness is sky high, so is my ph. Could this be the
reason my water hyacinth are not doing well? Funny enough though the plants
in the veggie filter including wh are doing great!

My Brother tells me that he does not think my pond has any salt in it. That
if I should increase salt level to about .2 or .3. He doesn't think this
level of concentration will kill my plants or my fish. Is this going
backwards?