Old 14-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Sundar Narasimhan

Default grubs, moles, and now dogs.. how to deal w/ lawn's circle of life

Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:19:41 GMT

I posted a few days ago wrt. our dog peeing on the lawn, and the
consensus was learn to live w/ it.

I now have a different sort of question: the dog is now tearing up whole
pieces of the yard, digging. My wife says she's hunting for moles/voles
(our cats have brought back a couple of these, and I've seen them too,
they create these bumps in the yard all over.. and I usually just tamp
them down -- figuring we'd live w/ all these animals .

Is there any way to stop her digging all over? (At least the peeing is
only in a few spots, which I can deal w/ hopefully w/ watering, seeding
etc.) but her digging up these 10'x10' feet areas might become a bit of
a hassle.. Thoughts?

The moles are there apparently for grubs.. which we should probably deal
with as well (I'm looking into Merit vs. nematodes etc. .
Interestingly, we never had grub problems, until my wife brought
pheromone traps for Japanese beetles.. which we got hundreds of once we
installed the trap (which I guess was a big mistake .