Old 14-05-2003, 08:44 PM
JimS.

Default problem with my roses-need help

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
saki wrote:

My Climbing Souvenir de la Malmaison does exactly this. It hates the
rain---that is, hates it when it comes at a particularly sensitive time
in bud formation. We've had more than our normal share of rain this
spring in Southern California (I noted that the poster who asked about
this problem is also located here), in particular a full-day rainstorm a
couple or three weekends ago.

My Blue Girls did that this year. We were getting a lot of rain early
on and the first flush had brown spots at the edges of the outside
petals of the blooms. The rain has slacked off and this flush of blooms
are beautiful. I didn't do anything in between just decided to wait it
out. The Blue Girls were the only ones that did this, BTW.

Susan

My Blue Girl is a regular Typhoid Mary too. She picks up everything. So
far, I've managed to keep the blackspot to a minimum, but I figure it's only
a matter of time. No blooms yet, so I don't know if they'll be brown yet,
but they were last year.

JimS.
Seattle