Old 15-05-2003, 01:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Where to buy Calcium Carbonate?

BV,

I don't know how much, but I would say it should be a very small amount,
like a half cup or less. I seeded my small pond with lime shortly after I
built it. I probably put in close to 20 pounds of lime for 2000 gallons.
It took weeks for all the lime dust to settle out. Water has always been
extremely clear.
--
RichToyBox

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...
"RichToyBox" wrote in message
.net...
BV,

It is common garden lime. Not the hydrated white lime, but will say
limestone. Dolomitic lime has dolomite in it which is calcium magnesium
carbonate. I would look for the calcitic limestone. I think the bags

have
calcium carbonate equivalents printed on the bag. Look for one close to
100% if you can find it.

The one thing I have not been able to find is an amount. A few of the
articles I read, talked amounts applied per acre of water. I don't have
nearly that much surface area. Is there an easier method for measurement?

BV.