Old 15-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Paulo

Default Oncidium and Repotting

Thanks a lot Ray, Oncidium has any special needs...i mean in the medium
(fine, medium, coarse...) Also, these pseudobulbs...are they going to
produce spikes? When i can expect flowers..next spring?

Thanks for your help

Paulo
"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
Paulo,

Now, when the plant is growing new roots and pseudobulbs, is exactly the
right time to repot, and going into clay is fine, if your watering
tendencies can handle it.

Repot into the next size up that can handle as much growth as the plant is
likely to put on before the medium starts to significantly degrade. The

old
adage used to be "one year's growth," but with CHC tending to replace

bark,
a couple of years is probably a better guide, and maybe even more.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all, i need some advice, I have few Oncidiums and they are growing an
developing a new pseudobulb....The plants are in small plastic pots, and

the
problem is the plant are quite heavy and keep falling on the side..now

with
the new pseudobulb are getting worst....I am wondering if it is ok to

repot
them now, and also, how about a heavy clay pots? I know th pots should

be
same size than the actual one, the pseudobulbs are fitting nicely, the
problem again is the weight.....and idea what is the best to do?

Paulo