Old 15-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Shiva

Default buds are starting to swell

On Mon, 12 May 2003 14:06:43 -0400, Henry
wrote:

I said:

Have you seen Distant Drums? Speaking of unusual? I have four. It is
the first rose I have four of. I am truly smitten with this rose.
Fragrant, too.

Then Henry said:

Damn. Pardon me but there's nothing else to say. My list grows faster
than I can keep up with and I'm running out of space here. I'm now
starting to plan details for the 40' by 50' space that's being prepared
in Pennsylvania. It will have to be roses that can take care of
themselves a bit, which makes it harder to plan.

Oh, boy, do you need Distant Drums! It is a Griffith Buck rose, and so
bred to take cold, in case you have some harsh winters! Peachy-tan in
the center, lavender/mauve on the outside, excellent substance, full
and shrubby, so far very floriferous. Very fragrant! Delicious!

Naturally I'll want
repeat bloom (with possible exceptions) and definately fragrance (to me,
a rose without fragrance is half a rose at best). One nice thing is
that my father is up there spraying his fruit trees off and on all
spring and summer so spraying for blackspot won't be much of an issue.

Now this is nice.

l,