Old 15-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Iris Cohen

Default south side of a solo tree in open field is the best side

And we can assume that the light from the Sun favors the south side because
it is in the northern hemisphere. And because it favors the south side of the
tree, I would expect by statistics that most everysolo treewould have a lush
south side foliage and limb structure. That the southside
of most every solo tree would be its best side. And as you go further north,
these solo trees should have a greater south side advantage.
Has anyone made a stastistical study of this alleged favoritism of the south
side?

Why don't you go outdoors and see for yourself?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)