Old 16-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Cass

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

In article , lms
wrote:

In article ,

King's Ransom is a wonderful yellow, as Mack also mentioned it, but he
says that it did not survive even his New Mexico (Zone 6? 7?) winters.
Too bad. You would really like it too, it has foliage that is made of
pure deep green steel. Gorgeous rose, but may be fit only for
California?

comes close to being hardy here, just not close enough. this rose
grew next to the Pink Peace by the front door in Alamogordo for as
long as I can remember, but it's about a hundred miles south and
doesn't get the brunt of the jet as we do. I grew it for quite a few
years actually, remember the winter it checked out. grew with
Granada, Voodoo and that yellow hybrid tea single Roses of Yesterday
and Today used to sell. that one was a most unusual rose, died
completely back every year--disappeared--and then threw out two or
three or four 4-5' footers. So it's Granada and Voodoo there now.
Big guys both, pushin 15.

15 what's? Years or feet? I need to plant Granada in da ground ASAP,
and I don't know how big.