Old 16-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Peter Ashby

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

In article ,
Oz wrote:

Either the tests are wrong, or plants are just as dangerous as the man-made
chemicals you complain about and are actually more dangerous than ones that
havent been shown to cause cancer.

Indeed.

I seem to remember reading of a study which showed that at least the
alkaloid pesticides in many food plants (fruits spring to mind) are
elevated in organically grown plants due to the higher pest load they
have to deal with. Pests not having been blitzed with nasty 'chemicals'.
But of course 'natural' pesticides must be good for you compared with
'chemical' pesticides.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.